In terms of the new GDPR, new regulations will go into place within the EU about data collection and data storing. This post will clarify what data is stored in ez Form Calculator and what options can help to comply with the regulation.
I’m not a lawyer so you’ll want to confirm this with legal counsel.
What Data Will be Stored by Default?
Submitted form data will be stored in the database / webserver including:
- All fields in a form entered by the user
- Date of submission
- IP of the user
- User email
- Reference ID (unique ID that will be created every time a form is viewed which is used to connect the form to relevant file uploads)
- Total price (if the form is used as a calculation form)
- In case a payment method is used:
- Payment ID (number)
- Transaction ID (string)
- Token (string)
- Additional reference data created by the plugin
- In case a file upload element is used:
- Uploaded files
- In case PDF generation is used and Save PDF files (global settings) is activated:
- PDF generated files with the user-defined text (may include user-submitted data)
Emails that are sent by the plugin will be stored on your email server.
How Can I Make the User to Provide Consent?
Since version 188.8.131.52, you can add a Confirmation element to each form. This is a predefined checkbox element which is required by default.
You can find the Confirmation element in the Predefined elements section.
How Can I Anonymize Form Submissions?
The plugin includes the following features:
- Anonymize the IP of the user
- Global Settings -> Privacy -> Anonymize IP set to Partly or Full
- Disable the storing of submissions (the GDPR does not prohibit saving of personal data, it requires the user’s consent to do so)
- Global Settings -> Privacy -> Store submissions set to No
- Remove all previous form submissions
- Form submissions -> Select a form -> Delete form submissions
Users will be able to request access to their data at any time. You can view the submitted data in the Form submissions -> Select a form -> Open a form submission.